Thursday, February 5, 2015

2014 Annual Report

Had a lot more work to do this year than I anticipated, but it is finally out. Comments and corrections appreciated as usual.

See http://hargrove.org.

My old laptop, that was set up for web maintenance died before I could record all the settings. What a pain setting everything up again, especially on my new Surface Pro, where everything is just a little different. That added a solid week into the schedule.

After that, I got a nasty surprise right out of the gate. The interface I used from PHP to MySQL was "deprecated," meaning that I had to switch to the new one. Unfortunately, that meant converting all the older annual reports, mostly a boring exercise in global replace.

Along the way, I found several errors in the older reports, especially those for 2006 and 2007.

Then, with three major birding trips of photos to deal with, not to mention four adorable grandchildren, it stretched into February.

This seems harder than it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment